Tuesday, February 1, 2011

30 Day Song Challenge (Days 1-6)

So...I'm super lame and I have a Twitter and I follow people who are way too cool to be my friends. One of those oh too cool people is Brooke White. You may remember her from American Idol. Or maybe you have seen the movie Change Of Plans? Anyways...she rocks! And she has an amazing blog, which you should check out. 


Brooke is doing a 30 day song challenge. And I am joining in! It's day 6. I have been tweeting a couple of them, but I'm using this post as a catch up post. After tonight, I will post every day. Or at least attempt to do so...


Day 1: Your Favorite Song
I seriously thought long and hard about it. I don't know if I am able to pick just one song as my favorite. I have a favorite song for right now, though. So I will put that in this space. A song that I have on repeat in my car all the time is "Makin' Plans" by Miranda Lambert. I'm not sure what it is exactly about this song that gets to me. But it gets to me! 


Unfortunately, I can't find a good video link to put in here for you to take a listen. So here are the lyrics:


If I ever left this town 
I'd never settle down 
I'd just be wanderin' around 
If I ever left this town 

If I wasn't by your side 
I'd never be satisfied 
Nothin' would feel just right 
If I wasn't by your side 

'Cause I'm not easy to understand 
But you know me like the back of your hand 
I'm your girl and you're my man 
And we're makin' plans.... 

We can go on and on 
Won't ever feel too long 
I'll always call you home 
And we'll go on and on 

'Cause I know you like the back of my hand 
Got a heart of gold and a piece of land 
I'm your girl and you're my man 
And we're makin' plans....


Day 2: Least Favorite Song


I can't listen to this song anymore. A lot of people say it's their least favorite because it is just old and lame, but I can't stand it because it was played at a funeral when I was in 5th grade. 




Day 3: Song That Makes You Happy


So many songs make me happy. This song just puts me in a good mood every time I hear it! 




Day 4: A Song That Makes You Sad


Seeing as how pretty much none of you know me, you wouldn't know that I am a huge crybaby. I think songs are sad more often than I do happy. I listen to the lyrics in such an intense way. I try to find a deeper meaning to them. Lyrics are a very powerful tool. They can reach some of the most "unreachable" people. If you pay attention, you might find that the person writing the song is trying to tell a story; their story, of hurt and of pain. Lyrics are a way of expressing what is going on inside of you without just coming out and saying it. This song, written by Bethany Joy Galeotti, is a song that makes me tear up, every single time I hear it. It's powerful. It's truthful. It's real. 




Day 5: A Song That Reminds You of Someone


I have worked with Jr. High groups over the past several years. There was one girl, in particular, who grabbed my attention so fast. This girl was amazing. She was bright, funny, smart, popular. Pretty much everything a teenage girl wishes to be. But then, I got to know her. I mean, really know her. Have you ever been able to just sit down and be open and honest with someone? She told me everything about her life. I sat there with tears rolling down my face staring at this beautiful young girl who was broken. She was falling apart. And that broke my heart. While we were sitting there, this song came on, and was playing quietly in the background. Every time I hear it now, I think about her. I don't talk to her anymore. I wish I did. 




Day 6: A Song That Reminds You of Somewhere


This song reminds me of the first night me and my boyfriend ever hung out! We met up last summer to get frozen yogurt. While sitting outside, the most random song came on. Neither of us had ever heard it. Now it's popular as heck. But it's our song. :) 






No comments: