I hung out with a good friend of mine today. We always do our math homework together on Monday afternoons, and then we go on a run. In the middle of the run today, she stopped me and said she had to get something off of her chest. I knew it had to be boy drama, and I love listening to her stories, so we stopped running and I listened. What I heard though, was a story of heartbreak. I won't name names, and I won't share details of what she shared, but it got me thinking. A lot! And I had mentioned on Twitter that I had a desire to start writing on this blog, and this just seemed like the perfect thing to start with.
Guys have a way of messing girls up. I don't know what it is about them. I wonder how guys feel after a one night stand. A girl gives all she has to a guy, in hopes that there is more going on than just the alcohol that is running through her. She dreams up these dreams of what could be with this guy. She thinks it could go somewhere. He, on the other hand, doesn't respond to a text, phone call, or email. It's been over a week. And now, the girl feels like she gave too much. She questions whether or not she is good enough, skinny enough, pretty enough. Did she do something wrong? Did she say something wrong? Did she just imagine the feelings she thought they both mutually had about each other? She starts to feel bad about herself. She starts to feel somewhat ashamed.
I feel like a big part of the problem is the way we are brought up in this society. Everywhere we look, every TV show we watch, teenagers are taking off there clothes and having one night stands like it's no big deal. But I feel like it's a lot deeper than that. And it's something we don't really get to see. You hear stories from those friend's of yours who are older and who have had these experiences. A lot of them play it off like it's this fantastical thing that everyone should experience. But I highly doubt they are being truthful.
This seems to be such a trend lately in a lot of my friend's lives. And I honestly don't know what to do or say to them. I feel stuck.
Luckily, I came across another blog post that totally spoke to woman everywhere. This guy is an amazing man. And he seems to have a pretty awesome heart. Not many guys would have the courage to post this on the internet. I don't know him, but I sure am proud of him!
It's kind of lengthy, but take the time to read it. I promise, you will not be disappointed!
www.danoah.com/2010/10/worthless-women-and-men-who-make-them.html
No comments:
Post a Comment